Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can you get dyed black hair to blonde with out killing your hair?

I have dyed my hair black for about 3 years and love it, but really want to have the tips purple/blue. But to do this they would have to be blonde.


Is there any earthly way I can do this?





One lady as a hair salon told me I was screwed and shouldnt have died my hair black.


Yeaaa.


%26gt;.%26gt;Can you get dyed black hair to blonde with out killing your hair?
no.. ... you WILL kill it. believe me, I kill mine all the time that way, going from too dark to light. it took 5 hours once. just get some sort of protein pack to put on your hair afterwords.Can you get dyed black hair to blonde with out killing your hair?
yeah, my hair as been dyed black for about 5 or 6 years now, and theres no way i can go back to my original brown color unless i grow it out myself. trying to dye your whole head a lighter color would require it to be blonde first, which means it would pretty much kill your hair. most black dyes have metallic in them, so its impossible to get out. if you want to dye or tips another color, be ready for it to be a gradual process. bleaching your tips is going to make them look brassy until you bleach them again (then they might snap off).; good luck
For enough money, one can do anything one wants to her hair and have lovely, soft, beautiful hair. Find a better salon and a much better hair artist.
use hair corrector it looks stupid for a bit but in the end u can die it back to blonde





im about to do it my self for the reasons as u (the tips) i actually want the same colours as u but them im dyin the rest dark brown
i REALLY DONT RECOMEND IT.. YOUR HAIR WILL BECOME VERY DAMAGE BECAUSE OF THE PEROXIDE AND DYE CHEMICALS.. MY SUGGESTION IS TO PUT EXTENSIONS.. BUT IF U REALLY WANT IT BLONDE GO TOO A REALLY GOOD SHOP.. LIKE THEY SAY ..:: ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU CANT GO BACK::.. LOL ..THATS WHAT ARE COSMETOLOGY TEACHER ALWAYS TOLD US IN HAIR COLORING THEORY ;-P
To get the black out of you hair could be tricky and very damaging. you could just bleach a couple inches on the bottom and then if it turns out really bad and damaged you could just trim that part off. I've known people that went to a salon to get the black out of their entire head of hair and even the colorist could not get it all out,so their hair was kind of blotchy,they had to just let it grow and cut it off. I also know of a few girls that didn't want it black anymore,but did not want to have the color stripped out so they just started coloring their roots chocolate brown,of course the bottom was still black but the chocolate brown blended. They also cut their hair in layers and they keep getting it cut to get rid of the black. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Thats not a good Idea. But if you do do it, go to the shop
Shave it off first then color it, that way you keep the roots...
Hm. Maybe you can get extensions? Other than that, yup, you're screwed!
If you have dyed it black over and over, it will be impossible to get them blonde enough without them being fried and broken. Use colored extensions in the bottom layer of your hair. It's not too expensive, and no damage.
It should be alright as long as you go to a good salon. Have it done professionaly. If you do it yourself then your hair might not survive
Ok, 3 years ago I dyed my hair black for Halloween...before that I had bleached it blonde myself, so the black REALLY set in! I thought I was screwed. However, I went to a reputable (ie expensive) hairdresser and she was able to bleach it out and re-color it to a highlighted light-brown (which was alomst blonde). It cost $200 and took 2 separate hair colorings 6 wks apart, but it looked wonderful even after the first appointment. I had shoulder length hair at the time, and got out of it with only having to trim a couple inches off the ends where it was a little damaged after she bleached it. She gave me a cute haircut that required minimal styling. I had to be extremely careful with it for the next couple months to get it to grow. Washed it only when necessary and no hairdryers or curling irons for awhile until it started to grow out...also bought some expensive shampoo and conditioner that my hairdresser recommended that was easier on the hair. But, you should find a good salon and plan on saving up some money before you go. Good luck!
Yep - black is almost impossible to get rid of. My sister did her hair black and hated it, and pretty much wound up letting it grow so she could ';cut it out';.





And as someone who colors her hair frequently, I am assuming you've not smelled the ammonia that goes with dyeing hair blond with permanent color. This crap is lethal, and it will make your eyes water.





I would get a second opinion about the blond thing, because it will ravage your hair. It's still not as bad as getting a perm, but depending on what can be done to get it from black to even a little blond will cause damage.





You might wanna stick with the black!

No comments:

Post a Comment