Sunday, January 29, 2012

Can you dye platinum blonde over black hair?

I really really want to dye my hair platinum blonde.


I will go to get it professionally done. But how much would it cost.


And if wanted to do it myself, how would I?Can you dye platinum blonde over black hair?
do not attempt this yourelf!!


it depends what your natural colour is to how light you can get your blonde, if you are naturally black u cannot acheive this, sorry.


If its coloured then they would have to strip your hair of all the colour first. your has to be in amazing condition for this to work properly. then the colour will be corrected using a toner. its very expensive. you could ask around a few salons but the price will be unbelievable and not many salons would do it.you would have to settle for a darker blonde than platinum.Can you dye platinum blonde over black hair?
I had black hair and wanted to get it to a medium brown. At my first appointment, my hair was bleached with 3 times as much bleach as they would normally use. After that was rinsed out, my hair was colored, and that was the end of that appointment. My hair had a very coppery color and felt so brittle. A month later, I went back in and got colors weaved into it. A month after that, I had more colors weaved in, and I still have traces of the black. Its possible to do, its just going to take ALOT of work. My 3 appointments cost about $300 all together.
NEVER attempt to do it yourself.


A colourist will most definatly use an oil-based stripper to remove as much colour without stripping. You wont get to blonde straight away, the whole process will probably take you a good 6 months to a year and probably 5 or 6 visits to a salon, the easiest way would be full heads of highlights and toned, your hair will never come down the same colour root to tip.


All up you'd probably be looking at maybe 85 - 150 dollars each time, depending how long your hair is.. if its boy short, grow your hair out and you can bleach the whole lot.
You have to bleach your hair. Strip the color. Its very difficult to do yourself, and I wouldn't suggest it if you don't know what you're doing. My aunt is a beautician and I was considering going blond after having dark hair for a while now, and she suggested I didn't do it myself.





she mentioned something about ';colidicolors'; or something like that, possible kolidacolors ; apparently those bleach + dye your hair, but it might just be colors that aren't traditional.
You'll never get platinum blond to take over black hair in one sitting. It will take a few times to get there. To do it yourself will not work.....there is no ';high lifting'; hair colour on the market/drug store that is strong enough. It could cost a few bucks....they may have to strip your hair first.
Many trips to the hair dresser, alot of bleach, alot of toner, and alot of treatments.


I've done it before, took alot of time to get it to the colour I wanted.
yea if u wanna get a skunk look going
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment