Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do I dye my already dyed black hair back to a deep red?

I dyed my hair black from a deep red in October and though I am ok with having black hair I feel I am still better suited as a red head. I was told to get my hair stripped but i dont think It will do much as its been black for some time now. Ive also been told to bleach my hair and then dye it red. I would ONLY do this professionally. My hair is very thick and somehow still pretty healthy. What is my best option?How do I dye my already dyed black hair back to a deep red?
bleach it or get the hairdresser to strip the colour off or wait for the black to fade.How do I dye my already dyed black hair back to a deep red?
Your best option is to go get it done professionally!


They will need to strip off the existing black and then color with the red.


Color doesn't lift color so you really need to strip your hair first.


If you do this at home you are asking for trouble!
You actually do not have to bleach it.. I just did the same thing. What I used was a hair dye you can get anywhere (target, walmart etc.). Its called L'OREAL Paris Feria. It's designed to color hair no matter what color or condition its in. Good Luck!
It's gonna take ALOT of money and time. It took $250 and 5 hours to take my dyed black hair to a copper orange color. Then the stylist said not to dye it for a few months.
You have to strip the color, tone it then color it the color you want. Expensive.
you have to bleach it

No comments:

Post a Comment