Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have dark black hair. I want to dye it red, are their steps I can take to make the dying proces easier?

I know that it difficult to dye black hair. I've never done it before. I was wondering what I could do to make the process go smoothly and quickly if possible. How much dye do I need to buy. Should I bleach my hair first?I have dark black hair. I want to dye it red, are their steps I can take to make the dying proces easier?
Look, if u want ur hair the same colour as how it is on the box, bleach ur whole hair first, then leave it for 2 weeks * so u dont completely rewin ur hair........then dye it!!





Best result in hair dyingI have dark black hair. I want to dye it red, are their steps I can take to make the dying proces easier?
Ive done this quite a few times..At walmart there is a 9 dollar hair dye called super blonde..it is a dying kit it will bleach your hair almost all the way blonde..depending on how fresh the black is and how long ur hair is u may need two boxes..but use it and 24 hours later you can put the red it and it will look good. hope i helped
I have very dark brown hair and dye mine red. I just pick a bright red colour, can't remember what brand now but it's the 'live' ones. I may have great hair that absorbs well but mine is fine! I only use one box but my hair is between ears and shoulders so it's not long. I also go for one that doesn't drip and leave it on for about 5 mins more than suggested on box.





good luck!
i have to ask if your hair is naturally black or dyed? if it is natural then a salon should have no problem with dying it red, they may have to put a lightner on it first Can i just add that this doesnt have to be bleach - which strips your hair of all its natual oils and is no good at all! but if it is dyed, it is vertually impossible to lift that harsh colour, there is a product called ';strip'; and it does as it says on tin, i have never tried the product and i can only imagine the damage this will do. it can be done, but you also have to remember that Red is a ';Fashion Colour'; and takes differently on all hair also it fades fast and is very high maintenance. Go to your hairdresser - they might have a dye called ';Maji rouge'; this is an intense red, and will most definatly go over the black. PLEASE PLEASE do not do this yourself. the red dye will make your bathroom red and could ruin your hair.





hope ive helped ???
do not do this on your own, go to a professional hairstylist.


You can turn into a mess if you do it your own: eg burning your hair with the bleach and making it too dry, having the roots more red than the ends, turning out into carrot orange... etc...


You could have it done by a professional for the first time, and then do it yourself in the future upon his advices.


Expecially as you never dyed your hair before, it must be very shiny and healthy now...so don't ruin it!


You can do it by yourself only if you wants 'shades' of red into your hair (using a reflexant or henna powder). Hope you'll be wise!
If your trying to save on money by doing it yourself, maybe you should consider going to a beauty school and getting it done by a student. I've had several upkeep services done at the schools without a problem. They have experienced instructors who check the students progress at each step. You'll probably pay between $30-50.
I am wondering the exact same thing, I want to get alot of blonde streaks and alot of red.. but i dunno how to go about it with black hair!
go to a hairdresser..its never worth the risk

No comments:

Post a Comment