Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Has anyone used Color Oops to remove black hair dye?

I have been dying my hair black for 2 years, and I am now finally going to give in to my natural blond color. Does color oops work?Has anyone used Color Oops to remove black hair dye?
hi i'm a hairdresser...





please dont try and use colour oops to get black outta ur hair, as its a non salon product, chemicals wont be strong enough to lift the colour, will prob go ginger and then u'll need to go a salon to get it sorted. with anything like colour correction cos it is such big chemical treatment to ur hair, it has to b done by a professional to ensure minimal damage to ur hair.





to get black outta hair it will need to be bleached...this is called colour correction.





it involves hair being bleached several times - will go dayglo orange...then an ash toner will be put on to make it less orange.


and you cant expect results to b perfect, it will take a few months esp if ur hair is dyed black.Has anyone used Color Oops to remove black hair dye?
I used this product to fix years of what my stylist did to me, I totally loved it, no damage, all the warnings were wrong (for me at least). A few minutes of ash blonde to get the red out, it is my own color again. No more professional coloring ever!!! 2x bleaching to minimize damage? No way!

Report Abuse



i've never tried it myself...4 of the 1st 6 reviews on the walgreens website say they would recommend it. I didn't look beyond there. sounds like it may lighten your natual color. You might want to go there and read a few of the 150+ reviews....
im a hairdresser to and i agree with the other hairdresser dont do it!
just dye it again. than apply a treatment. But you will need to have a froster.
i have dye my hair black and the only way to get it back is to go to a hairdresser and have them work on it.
im a boy idk

No comments:

Post a Comment