Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How to I go from my dyed, black hair to a blonde?

Can I remove the black hair dye or do i have to bleach it out?How to I go from my dyed, black hair to a blonde?
You have two choices.


1.(this will take awhile)Dye it yourslef. This will be a process. ( I know because I have naturally golden blonde hair and I dyed it chocolate brown.) Go from black and the first dye job dye it a dark brown. Next time when you dye your hair dye it light brown. Next time Dark blonde (you may need to use the dark blonde for the next couple of dyes). Then whichever shade of blonde you like.


2. Go the the hairdresser. This will probably cost a lot of money and be a process too. This may take many vists. My guess 3-4 visits.How to I go from my dyed, black hair to a blonde?
I would recommend that you go to the hair salon and they will strip/bleach the black and eventually color it back to blonde.
trust me do this professionally because to get the black out you would have to bleach it and if you try yourself you can end up with fried ornage hair
only ever go to a pro when going from black to blonde other wise it will look yellow and orange kinda like bacon.
go to the hairdressers and they will strip it out
I just did this- myself-today. Don't be discouraged by all the naysayers that want to send you to a salon. I have been doing my own color for over 20 years. Sometimes you get some interesting results, but that happens at the salon as well.





if you've got a sally beauty nearby or some other supply place great, but you can even do this with what they have at rite aid (I did because I live in the middle of no where).





Get powder bleach (superblue is my fav) developer (I use 40 but I know my hair is strong: you might want to use 30, 20 is a waste of time) and get to work.





I make a bleach bath with equal amounts of powder and developer (I eyeball it) then i put in a squirt or two of a sudsy shampoo (cheap stuff works great) and i mix it all in a bowl and then suds it into my hair wearing rubber gloves.


slap a plastic grocery sack on your head, put the blow dryer on it if you want (heat really helps). i don't leave it in very long- 10-15 min because i don't think the lift is too much after that time and you just have this gunk in your hair wrecking it; i prefer to do a bunch of shorter sessions that give me the most pow.





i started my black to blonde journey a week ago. i was going to let my hairstylist do it; but when i brought it up it was like i had asked her to build the pyramids in my back yard. she was full of how hard it is; how long it takes; how much it costs; how bad it is for my hair; that she can;t guarantee she can bring it to blonde; her negativity really threw me. I have gone black to blonde at least a dozen times in my life and it has always worked. I hate to say it, but she totally lost me as a client. she should have been thrilled that i was ready to spend the money and trust her, but instead she tried to make me feel bad or stupid for dying my hair black. I loved my black hair- i was just tired of it, and i bet it will be black again in 6 months. it's just who i am. i am shocked at how she reacted.





anyway, that was more directed at all the what i assume are hairdressers on these posts warning people it can;t be done at home. lighten up folks. literally!





so----i did the bleach bath about 4 times that first session. my roots were white my ends red. then i put in a temp(non perm) color to hold me over and let my hair heal a bit. I used an auburn colour and then i had a ball being red for a week.





last night i got to work again. bleach bath again- 2 more times; which left me white at roots and bright orange on ends. then a deep conditioner while i slept.





then today 2 more bleach baths- just hitting the orange stuff and keeping the dye off my scalp which was feeling pretty tight and tingly and not happy, but not in any mortal danger, and exactly how it would feel if i had spent the day at a professional having this done in one shot.





this resulted in 75 percent platinum hair; 25 percent very light orange. i washed in a toner for a golden blonde; i bought a box dye from rite aid that was on sale for $2.50. right now i have a light reddish blonde colour. i put in a deep conditioner for a few hours this afternoon and will do this every day for a week.





in a week or two i will blast more orange parts of the ends with a bleach bath (just once) and then do another toner ( i am feeling the light reddish blonde) and i suspect i will be done.





if you went to a salon (which i have done to get black to blonde everywhere from nyc to here in idaho) they aren't going to get it much better. you will still have that first month a bit orange and a bit damaged; and you will be out a whole day of your life spent in the salon and some major bucks.





just do it; i don;t get why so many people come on and say: it is impossible; you will go bald; you have to cut/grow it out.





It's 2008 for heaven's sakes; they make ti sound like we are living in the dark ages. This is what chemicals are for.





oh- if you have no beauty supply- you can do this wiht a kit you get in the drug store called clairol born blonde. the kit has the powder bleach and developer (don;t bother with the toner they include; it will do nothing towards lifting the black out of your hair). You will need a couple of these kits; so if you can get to a beauty supply place you will save money.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment