Friday, December 30, 2011

How do I highlight my black hair burgundy/redish without it fading?

I have black hair. I have previously highlighted it succesfully copper, and redish/burgundy. However, the red I had previously faded to a dark brown. How do I highlight my hair burgundy/red without it fading? Should I bleach it first then dye over it in the red color, or no?How do I highlight my black hair burgundy/redish without it fading?
Bleaching first will allow for more color deposit and vibrancy, but it would be damaging. The real issue is how you take care of the color, too much time in the sun, hard water, clarifying shampoos dull color. Switch to color enhancing shampoos or non sulfate lines like pureology, stay out of direct sun, and buy a water filtering shower head/faucet to maintain color longer.How do I highlight my black hair burgundy/redish without it fading?
If your gonna do it yourself, and if you don't want to kill your hair by bleaching then dying it... You should buy L'Oreal hair color for dark hair. It's sold at professional beauty and hair places like Sally's. It is specially made for people with dark hair. My hair is very dark brown, almost black and the red I highlighted in my hair lasted so long (helped out by shampoo and conditioner for colored hair). I live by this dye. It's awesome!!!
the best way to have that color in your hair since it's so dark is to lighten it first, but no matter what you do red will fade, in any hair the red fades after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment