Friday, December 30, 2011

How do I go from black hair to brown hair?

It's weird, but my parents have dark brown hair, sort of chocolate brown. Well my mom does, my dad's hair is like mine. I have black hair that is red toned I guess you'd call it? When you look in the sun, it looks reddish brown, but in general it's blackish. My stylist said that it'd be difficult to go from my red toned hair to a brown based brunette. Is there any way I can at the salon? NOT at home? Thanks!How do I go from black hair to brown hair?
She said it would be ';difficult'; not impossible. Since your hair is so dark she might have to bleach it and then color it the red tone you want, it depends how many shades your natural hair color is from the color you want. Or, you can always get a second opinion. I've heard black is a really hard color to dye over.How do I go from black hair to brown hair?
You'd have to keep going to the salon and have her dye your hair shades of light ash brown. Although you will not see a huge improvement the first couple of times, it will eventually turn a brown color later.





Also, I've seen many Asians do this: They get iiiiincredibly thin highlights on their hair. The bleach sits in the hair for only a few minutes so as to not allow it to get too light. If the streaks are thin enough, the light brown will blend with the black and give a brown effect. It looks nice. The lightlights aren't too noticeable; it's more of a natural look.

No comments:

Post a Comment